Everyone needs healthy boundaries in your life. YOU are the most important thing you have and YOU are the only one that can make sure that happens! Setting boundaries is an act of love towards yourself and is an act of respect towards others.
- Start with small adjustments to what you will or wont except . Ensure you will succeed for yourself at keeping the boundary.
- Let go of any guilt when setting them, this is about YOU!
- Start saying no, fight the urge to say yes
- Ask for what you want, be direct,
- You don’t owe anyone an explanation
- Let others do things for themselves
- Prioritize yourself; it is not your job to do everything for everyone else
- You are in charge of your own happiness
- Find yourself, try new things, make your happiness happen for yourself
- Be assertive: you are not responsible for other actions
- Get rid of false obligations
- You do not need to anticipate anyone’s needs but your own
- Take care of yourself first
- Fight the urge to be apart of any drama
- Be Authentic: you have a right to your thoughts and feelings
- Protect your emotional space
- Steer clear of negativity, toxic and problematic behaviors